Classroom and In-Car Driver Education in St. Albert
At St Albert Driver Training Inc, we offer both classroom and in-car lessons at competitive rates
for our students. Our sessions are designed to teach young drivers how to act safely and responsibly when behind the wheel.
15 hours of classroom training are completed over two consecutive days. Classroom hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on both days. There is a 30 minute break for lunch each day.
Two days of classroom training includes:
- Interactive lessons conducted in a spacious and comfortable learning environment
- Audio visual support including power point presentations, interesting videos, charts, posters and interactive games
- Group work and discussion
- Student Workbook to guide the learning process
- Basic License Drivers Handbook issued by Alberta Transportation
- Content that meets and exceeds the course curriculum as set out by Alberta Transportation
Classroom topics include:
- Before You Drive - Getting to Know Your Vehicle
- Traffic Laws, Signs, Signals and Pavement Markings
- Demerit Point System
- Basic Driving Skills
- Conditions Affecting Driving
- Driver Fitness
- Collision Avoidance
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Laws of Physics
- Sharing the Road
- Driving in Adverse Conditions
- Winter Driving and Skid Control
- Dealing with Emergencies
- In Case of a Collision
- Insuring Your Vehicle
- 10 hours (5 lessons of two hours each) of professional, one-on-one instruction.
- Flexible scheduling to suit your timetable. Morning, afternoon and evening lessons are available.
- Students can be picked up and dropped off at school, work or home in St. Albert.
- We use late model, air conditioned vehicles with automatic transmissions. Our cars meet or exceed all government requirements for driver training vehicles.
In-Car training includes the fundamental strategies of:
- Preparing to Drive
- Driving Straight Roads
- Driving Curves and Slopes
- Braking and Stopping
- Changing Lanes and Merging
- Backing Up
- Highway Driving
- Traffic Circles
- Defensive Driving